I have again been nominated for an award. I do not usually accept awards because I can not follow the rules that come along with them. I do like this award in particular because I love answering the questions that come with it. The questions become part of my “about me” category.
I was nominated by Suzanne(FindingHerVoice)
Eleven Questions For You:
1. What ultimately got you motivated to get started and how long have you been blogging? I have been blogging since February 2015. My archives say January, but that was a minor mistake on my part. My therapist encouraged me to write because she thought writing would help me see things clearer. She also thought that the way I was able to express my thoughts and feelings via writing might be beneficial to others. I met a woman on a web site who had a blog. lily pups life – bipolar and recovery. She encouraged me to try one myself. I did and here we are.
2. Do you prefer to write best in the morning or at the end of the day? I guess I prefer the morning. I like it when it is quiet and no one is home but me. I like to sit down with my iced coffee and just write. Kind of like what I am doing right now. Thank you for helping me write today Suzanne.
3. Do you give like that it’s somewhat anonymous or do you give your blog URL the friends or family? Such a simple question that is going to get a most difficult answer. I like that my blog is somewhat anonymous. My husband has the key, and one very old friend. I let one friend in because I hadn’t seen her in 30 years and thought it would be an easy way for her to see what I have been doing. No one else in my real life knows where my blog is. Although if they truly wanted to, it would not be hard to find. I have shared a few stories with a few other relatives, but am not ready to say “hey here it is!!!! Read it all!!!! My Mom and I discussed giving her access, and we both agreed it would be better if she didn’t have it. Some things she would prefer not to know. When I write something I think she may enjoy, I print it out for her.
4. Did you keep a journal as a child/teen? I did keep journals when younger. I probably still have each and every one of them stored somewhere. Journals were different from blogging for me. Journals were for me and me alone. I shared them with no one. I do not know what I would have done had blogging been an option when I was younger.
5. Are you an emotional writer? Do you write more for your heart or your head? I like to think I do a little of both. I definitely start by writing from the heart, but then my head always seems to get involved somehow. I have tried doing it the other way around, start with my head, but it just doesn’t seem to work out as well. I think my heart is a better motivator than my head.
6. Do you have more blog posts that you have begun (in draft mode) or that you have completed)? I am going to guess and say that the number of published posts and drafts are about even. I have one particular draft that is full of random thoughts and ideas. I sometimes take these ideas and turn them into published posts.
7. If you could/did write a bestselling book what would it be about? I did not have to think about this question for very long. Angels!!!! I would love to write about angels and how I believe they have touched my life and others. Since I started this blog, I have written a bit about angels, but only published one so far. The hardest thing Evah would be my brief introduction to writing about angels. Also, I mention angels in a couple of my Relationship posts.
8. What is the best feedback you’ve received on a blog post? All feedback I get is important to me. I have 2 bests though. 1 would be acknowledgment that something I wrote made a difference in someone’s life. Especially if that meant making them laugh. The other is constructive criticism. I asked for it once so I could improve my writing. I got it and it helped me see how I could make my writing better.
9. Where do you get your ideas for your blog posts? I get my ideas from my daily life. For example, I was cutting down tree saplings in my yard and had to go to the store. It turned into a post called Has the Future been written already ????
10. What is your favourite food? This is an easy question to answer and it comes with a picture. Buffalo chicken tenders with Jojo’s. If we have extra cash, we will get either onion rings or very special crab rangoons on the side. The crab rangoons are very special because I will only eat them from this particular restaurant. They are 128% better than anything you might find in a Chinese restaurant.
11. What is the best advice you can give your fellow bloggers about how to get new subscribers? The best advice I have is the only advice I have. Engage with other bloggers. If someone likes a post of yours, visit them and see what they have written. If you like what you find let them know that. Even if you think their blog is just not for you, at least let them know you were there. The feeling I get when someone acknowledges something I have published is a darn good one. I like knowing I might be able to help others feel the same way.
Whoa. I am done already. That went quicker than I thought. It took a while, but it did not feel like awhile. Thank you again Suzanne for the nomination. Maybe if I can ever figure out how to follow rules, I will start accepting awards. For now, I will just have to go back and answer the question I missed.